Below are the Top 5 things for this month!
- Red Top – October 20-22 – Meet on Saturday as a WEDS group!! So much fun with families!! See http://wwmeatlanta.com/calendar-item/red-top-weekend/ for all the activities! Sign up to help in any way by contacting Mike and Christy Maetz at Maetz@bellsouth.net (they are doing a great job planning the event, along with so many Community couples). 1 and 2-bath cabins are still available! Team up with another couple! It is a lot of fun! They don’t have to be an encountered couple. Bring a new couple, and invite them to a 2018 weekend! You can Rsvp too if you are just coming for the day! This helps the Maetz with the food amount. Saturday activities starts at 9 a.m. with a family Living Rosary, kids games, crafts, cake decorating (bring your cake or cupcakes and we will have icing and decorating supplies), pumpkin carving (bring your own pumpkin and carving kit), bouncy house, inflatable slide, feast on barbeque pork, Mass with Fr. Michael Revak, famous Brunswick stew made with A Little Bit Of Christmas love by the Turpin’s, and trick or treating at the cabins!
- 2018 Weekend Dates are Available! Start your inviting now! We are also splitting the weekend dates between 2 hotels. The current hotel, the Marriott in Peachtree Corners, and introducing the Hyatt Place in Duluth off Venture Parkway! Dates are (* indicates the Hyatt): Feb* 23–25, Apr 20–22, June 15–17, Aug* 10-12, Sep 28–30, Nov* 16–18. See the web site, as well: https://gatn-wwme.org/schedule.php If you need inserts for your current brochures, please contact us (email@example.com)!
- GATN Encounter Exec Couple – We have new area leadership. Brooks & Brandi McElyea have stepped down from leadership. Roger & Annie Borrello have stepped up again, until a new selection process can be done next year. This is a servant leadership position open to all presenting teams that have not been leaders twice already, and have been able to present at least 2 WWME weekends. Prayers for new leadership are always appreciated! You can always contact the leadership using firstname.lastname@example.org
- It’s Ministry Fair time at many parishes. If your Parish is doing a ministry fair, please contact Roger & Annie to get brochures and a trifold! It is a great way to invite couples from your parish and hand out brochures to invite to the weekend! We can also provide a playlist of videos if you have that capability at your table!
- World Marriage Day Ball Save the date for the Ball! February 17, 2018! It will again be at the Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners. There will be a live band again, and they will have an even bigger dance floor than last year! Get your tables together, and your couples need not be Encountered. We are simply the hosts! It will be a loads of fun!