Below are the Top 5 things for this month!
- 35th Annual Red Top Reunion – October 26-28th! See http://wwmeatlanta.com/redtop/ for information! Come for the day on Saturday October 27th when most of the activities happen! Schedule of activities is on the web site! Fr. Brian Baker is celebrating Mass! WEDS leaders please contact Mike and Christy Maetz about your Red Top auction item!! Maetz@bellsouth.net
- Did we already say invite? – Please invite!! – November 16-18 is the last 2018 weekend! It will be held at the Marriott in Peachtree Corners! This is Monsignor Bill Hoffman’s last weekend presenting! He has been presenting WWME weekends in English and Spanish for over 30 years! Come to the sing out to greet him and thank him for his service and dedication to married couples, as well as greet the new couples off the Weekend!! We would love to see you there! Invite your friends and family! If you haven’t been on a weekend in a while, consider going on another weekend! 2019 dates are coming. The next weekend is March 1-3, 2019.
- That *is* Fair! – Please let us (the Weekend Pillar) know if you are having a Ministry Fair at your Parish. This is the season for them, and it’s important that WWME be represented in your parish as a ministry. Be open and apostolic by organizing a table. Call your Parish office and ask for WWME to be represented! We’ll get brochures to you! Contact us (RogerandAnn@mydoll.org) or the Newlands’ (Newlands@bellsouth.net)! Another option… Please let us know if you willing to talk to the parish office and get a Super Sunday of witness talks scheduled at your parish, or perhaps an enrichment (we have many we can present at your parish). Please check your parish bulletin to see if WWME weekends are included in your bulletins. (if they aren’t contact us (Roger and Annie) to let us know. One more thing… check to see if your WWME is represented in your parish brochure rack at your Parish. There… we made an inviting plan for you!
- Inviting Plan – We (Roger and Annie) are the Weekend Pillar for our Encounter, which includes inviting for the weekends! We can’t do it by ourselves, because inviting is really sharing your experience with others! Remember what the Weekend did for your relationship and share it with your friends, family, co-workers, the couple you are chit-chatting with over Sunday donuts… whoever the Spirit moves you to share with! If you know couples in your parish who have been Encountered, build up our WEDS communities by inviting them to your WEDS group!) Each WEDS group needs to have an Inviting Plan. If you don’t like formalities, just Plan on Inviting! Share new IDEAS with us, and we’ll share in the eSpirit Inviting Corner! Get them to us by October 25th!! Our Weekends are averaging 12 to 14 couples on them, and the empty seats are waiting for the couple you invite! Let’s help make 2019 weekend dates filled up to waiting lists! We can do that with the help of you, our wonderful WEDS couples!!
- World Marriage Day Ball!! – The 34th Annual WMD Ball is February 16th at the Marriott in Peachtree Corners, so save the date! Featuring a live band and an even bigger dance floor!! Signups will begin Dec. 1st! What a great Christmas present to each other or another couple!! No need to be encountered, all married couples are welcome! Signup early, tickets go fast! We’ve sold out several years running! To help keep the cost for the ball down, we have a silent auction. If you, or any friends or family, have a vacation home that you are willing to donate for a weekend, please let Eric and Denise Hoell know! They are the Ball Committee chairs, and would love to hear from you! Deniseanderic@thehoells.com